May 15, 2015, Grapes on the Grass Soiree
sponsored by Janice Miller’s ERA First Advantage Realty
May 16, 2015, Wine, Art and Jazz Festival
presented by Evansville Living Magazine with T.R.U. Event, Inc. Rental as Title Sponsor
Tickets for Friday and Saturday on sale now for 2015 – call (812) 853-2815 for additional information.
- Friday, Grapes on the Grass, includes hearty hors d’oeuvres, wine judging, wine and beer sampling, live music by the Second Street Band, and live artist showcase.
- Saturday, Wine, Art and Jazz Festival, includes entrance fee, free wine education class (60 seat max), wine and beer sampling, and nonstop jazz.
2015 Wineries in Attendance will be:
Blue Heron Vineyard & Winery
Buck Creek Winery
Cedar Creek Winery
Indian Creek Winery
Monkey Hollow Winery
Pepper’s Ridge Winery
Quibble Hill Winery
Turtle Run Winery
2015 Craft Beer Vendor:
2015 Food Vendors:
- Edgewater Grille – brie & asparagus rolled in prosciutto
- The Pizza Revolution – wood fired pizza
- Taj Mahal – Vegetarian Somosa, Vegetarian Pakora
- Carne Asada – Brisket, Lamb, Chicken
- Kanpai – Crab Rangoon
- Steckler Grassfed – Cheese Cubs: Cheddar, Colby, Montery Jack & Pepper Jack
- Double D’s Bar and Family Inn – snackable fried chicken
- Cleo’s Bakery & Bag Lunch- sweet corn cookies & brownies
- Acropolis – bacon-wrapped chicken, baklava
- Gigi’s Cupcakes – Mini cupcakes
- Fiesta Acupulco – chips and salsa
- Tin Fish – specialty dishes
- Dapper Pig – dark chocolate truffles & beignets
- Memphis & Main BBQ – pulled pork sliders
- Spudz – n – Stuff – BBQ pork potatoes & brownies
- Bordy’s Pizza – Meatballs
- Edgewater Grille – artichoke fondue, chicken salad wraps, chicken kabobs
- The Pizza Revolution – Wood Fired Pizza
- Taj Mahal – Chicken Tikka Masala, Chicken Tandori, Allo Gobi, Rice, Nann Bread, Mango Lassi
- Carne Asada – Brisket, Burnt ends, Lamb Kabobs, Bakes Beans (possibly Chicken Kabobs)
- Kanpai – Crab Rangoon
- Cleo’s Bakery & Bag Lunch – homemade soft pretzels and mustard, savory cheesecake bites and cream of coconut cake
- Acropolis – gyro sandwiches, baklava, hummus with pita
- Kiwanis Club of Historic Newburgh – Homemade Ice Cream
- Memphis & Main BBQ – pulled pork sandwich w/ chips
May 15 Friday Night Soiree – The Second Street Band from Owensboro, Kentucky
May 16 Saturday Wine, Art and Jazz Fest – Skelton’s Montourage, The Honey Roy Band, The Browne Sisters Band
Pam Anderson – Stolen Stone Jewelry and Artistic Creations – handmade jewelry
Rosemary Chamberlain – Romy’s Mud and Metal – pottery and handmade jewelry
Evi Slaby – Angelsilles – handpainted silk scarfs, pictures and cards
Geri Smith – Geri’s Wine Art – art made out of wine bottles
Kim Wilhite – Wilhite Photography – photos
Parking / Tansportation
Parking is available at the Newburgh Elmentary School. The Newburgh Trolley, sponsored by FC Tucker Emge, and the WATS buses will be available throughout the day.
Wine Education in the Old Lock and Dam Building is sponsored by Beef O’Brady’s in Newburgh and presented by Bill Woerz. Here are the titles of the two wine lectures this year:
1) The Nose Knows, Pinocchio
While the enjoyment of wine involves sight and taste, it is our more primal sense of smell that is most engaged. In this session we will explore our sense of smell and the difference between aroma and bouquet by examining some aromatic white wine varietals.
2) The Scarlet Letter and Other Oüt Kástes…no Prisoners.
In this session we will look at a few of the red varietal wines from the legendary Jed Steele who has had an incredible ride from his start as a cellar worker at Stony Hill in the Napa Valley in 1968, to UC Davis for a Master’s Degree in Enology, to starting Edmeades in the Anderson Valley, then starting Kendall-Jackson before founding Steele Wines in 1991. Steele sources grapes from Santa Barbara, Sonoma, Mendocino and Lake Counties in California.
Wines this year will once again be available through Beef O’Brady’s in Newburgh.
HNI would like to wish a heartfelt thank you to all our Sponsors, Vendors, and Volunteers but most importantly we wish to thank everyone who visits and supports our events and activities.
2015 Historic Newburgh Wine, Art and Jazz Festival
Title Sponsors - Evansville Living Magazine and T.R.U. Event Rental, Inc.
Media – WIKY Radio
Sustainer – Romain GMC, Alcoa Warrick Operations and Dr. Mike Chou, Heritage Federal Credit Union
Stakeholder – Janice Miller, ERA First Advantage Realty
Investor – Commonwealth Engineers, Inc., Computer’s Plus, LLP, People’s Trust and Savings Bank, Expressway Dodge, St. Mary’s Health and Beef O’Brady’s Newburgh
Benefactor – H & H Suburban Landscape, LNB Community Bank – Newburgh Location, Link Graphics, EVAPAR, Inc., Bamberger, Foreman, Oswald & Hahn, Concept Light and Sound, Just for Kids Pediatric Dentistry, The Trophy Case, WUEV University of Evansville Radio, Diane Floyd and John Schneider with Raymond James, Evansville Teachers Credit Union and Old National Bancorp, Newburgh Powersports, Carson’s Brewery